Internal Quality Assurance Cell - IQAC
Welcome to the IQAC of the Faculty of Technology
The aim of the IQAC is to ensure the quality of academic output of the faculty by monitoring the compliance with policies and by laws, and to promote the best practices in academic and administrative processes. Best practices identified in several criteria which were developed by the Quality Assurance Council (QAC) and the University Grant Commission (UGC) and established national accreditation for university programs. The standards were created by quality specialists mostly from the academic and industrial sectors, and they provide a foundation for building quality systems as well as making customer-visible quality initiatives.
IQACs, in collaboration with all the faculty level sub committees, will ensure that the criteria outlined by the Program Review Manual, namely,
- Program Management
- Program Design and Development
- Human and Physical Resources
- Course/Module Design and Development
- Teaching and Learning
- Learning Environment, Student Support and Progression
- Student Assessment and Awards
- Innovative and Healthy Practice
Overall the IQAC working towards to ensure best practices for quality assurance in teaching and non-teaching activities are actually practiced at the faculty while becoming the implementing arm of the management in monitoring and evaluating development activities. Also it serves as a strategic platform for the overall development efforts of the Faculty of Technology.
- By-Law – IQAC / University of Jaffna
- Students Charter – UGC
- Gender Equity and Equality (CGEE)
- Academic Procedure Handbook – QAAC (CVCD & UGC)
- Assessments of Students
- Career Guidance
- Student Feedback
- Quality Assurance Council
- Centre for Quality Assurance (UoJ)
- Centre for Gender Equity and Equality (UoJ)
- WeBe (UoJ)
- University Business Linkage (UoJ)
- To ensure good practices for quality assurance in teaching and non-teaching activities of the Faculty of Technology.
- To serve as an implementing arm of the management in monitoring and evaluating development activities.
- To serve as a strategic platform for the overall development efforts of the Faculty of Technology.
Term of Reference (TOR)
- To assess the level of understanding and training needs of the teaching and non-teaching officers in relation to quality assurance and accreditation.
- To upgrade the teaching and learning activities through the Quality Assurance implementation.
- To ensure the knowledge and skill assimilate by the student is on par with the industrial demand.
- To conduct an inventory of the relevant documents, data and information for review, analysis, updating and storing.
- To advocate, promote and sustain quality assurance through the continuous process of internal and external assessments of academic programs and services.
Composition of Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC) - 2021
Dr. (Mrs) S. Sivachandran
Dr. T. Ketheesan